 Technic / 358
Re: Medium gears.... New ones are different!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:41:09 GMT

I believe this happened some years ago.  Could it have been in 1997 or
1998?  Or even earlier?

The new one was probably introduced because it is somewhat more solid.
I remember breaking a few of the old ones when I was a child.

Fredrik

FYI:

    After going through some of my sets, the Barcode truck has all the new
type, but the 8286 3-in-1 car has one of the old type. The 8286 and the 8480
are copyrighted 1996. The barcode truck is 1997.

    I think Fredrik nailed this one.... 1997

Eric