 Technic / 3482
Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 04:51:00 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message
Great! It's just like a Mindstorms jack. There is also a "~" symbol next
to the 9-12V marking, which means you can supply any polarity you like.
They do, after all, have to make it kid-proof!

I'd recommend RadioShack 273-1656A. It's a 9V 800mA adapter and I use it
for Mindstorms work all the time. The older motors used more current under
heavy load, so it's worth a couple of extra bucks for an 800mA unit.

I recieved my copy of the 8485 set today. And you're right, the T-rex model
is absolutely stunning! I was building this for an uninterrupted 3 hours,
and I enjoyed every second of it! It is really a shining example of what can
be done with the flex system. I had quite a few pieces left over after
building the dinosaur but that's because because this is actually an
alternate model.

As for the power supply, I happened to have a very similar transformer
(Radioshack 9V 850mA) lying around in my room. I think that it was
originally used for a telephone, but it works perfectly when hooked up to
the control center.