 Technic / 3453
  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Wow...that looks really neat...increased my expectations quite a bit. I won one off an auction a week ago and am waiting for it to arrive any day now... Thanks for the pictures...now I can have something to look at and admire while I wait :-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Glad you enjoyed them! (...) My set crossed the ocean too, so my adapter is no good either. I used the batteries, although I think they're only going to last another few play sessions. (The jaw/arms movement seems to take the most power, by (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  RE: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Heather, As far as I know, the transformer has a plug on the end, so you should be able to go to any RadioShack and get a 9V-800mA(or so) adapter. Just be sure to check polarity. Are there any symbols near the jack on the Command Center (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Thanks Ralph. I took pictures of the jack and the adapter and posted them at the end of the picture set: (URL) jack says "9-12V" next to it. The plug for the adapter looks like any ordinary adapter. The adapter says on it: PRI: 230V - 50 Hz (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  RE: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Great! It's just like a Mindstorms jack. There is also a "~" symbol next to the 9-12V marking, which means you can supply any polarity you like. They do, after all, have to make it kid-proof! I'd recommend RadioShack 273-1656A. It's a 9V 800mA (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Thanks Ralph, that's very helpful! I'll go get one ASAP. Seems like everything we got this year takes batteries so it'd be nice to get something running on power :-) Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada Pirate (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:NEBBIJADEJHLFJD...mts.com... (...) Hi Ralph. Is this RadioShack 273-1656A an adapter you use with the Mindstorms 1.0 RCX, in lieu of batteries? I just want to make sure - I'd like to get an (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Glad to know that it has arrived:) Why not call Lego consumer service? My guess is that they'll be happy to replace it (Which I've allready told you:)) Kind regards John Jensen (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message (...) I recieved my copy of the 8485 set today. And you're right, the T-rex model is absolutely stunning! I was building this for an uninterrupted 3 hours, and I enjoyed every second of it! It is (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Please BEWARE! any device that is meant for AC voltage will work with DC but at a risk of burning out the diodes in the rectifying bridge with too much current. The wallwart it comes with supplies about 1300 mA AC which alternates at 60Hz (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  RE: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) Yup. I even have a splitter that drives the IR tower too. But you have to be careful with the polarity. One of these days, I'll even take pictures and post it on my site... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's Alive! or, Building The Dinosaur

(...) As John Jensen already posted, Lego Consumer Affairs is more than happy to send you a 110 volt adapter for no charge. Its also the adapter used in the 9v trains so you can use one of those if you happen to have any Lego train sets. I got my (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)