 Technic / 2817
Re: Steering and driving.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:20:40 GMT

tnt@arnesson.nu (Tobbe Arnesson) writes:

I have made a four wheel drive car with a steering setup mostly like
this.  However, the setup was much too bulky, and the friction
inherent in the bevel gear transmissing made it mostly useless.

So I'm not a fan of this kind of setup.  Perhaps you can achieve less
friction by using crown gears rather than bevel gears?  That will make
the setup even more bulky, though.

This setup will not have the transmission friction in the bevel gear
setup, but still you will have the problem that the setup will be
bulky and wide.  And perhaps not too rigid?

For steering wheel drive, I prefer to use an articulated setup, like
in the 4WD 8459 Front Loader.  This solution is really efficient.

Fredrik