 Technic / 2823
Re: Steering and driving.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:54:28 GMT

That's always an option but I still wan't to use the 8660's
steering so the problem remains.

I took a look at 8660 right now, and I'm sure you want to use the same
principle, but not the same size, right?  You'll probably want to use
Supercar size wheels?

Oh, yes. Sorry I should have meantioned that. More like the wheels
from the Tow Truck or the BarCode truck since I don't have six
supercar wheels, hey I do have to eat :)

This is the chassis that made me realize that I needed steering _and_
driving:

(and also my first CAD-drawing I rendered *proud*)

Another problem with your suggestions is that the pivot point of the
steering wheels is much further inwards as compared with a normal
steering setup.  The problem with this is the size of the circle
described by the wheel as it turns -- it gets larger.  In addition to
looking unrealistic, this will also mean that you'll need more power
to do the steering.

Hm, I miss my dictionary... Let's see... Nah, I can't picture what you
mean, sorry :)

Working too much with steering wheel drive and/or suspension is a sure
fire way to going insane, so take care!  ;-)

LOL! I'll beware! Thanks! Not that I think anybody will notice any
difference though ,)

/Tobbe