 Technic / 2410
Re: 8th RoboRider???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 21:16:40 GMT

From what I understand (and saw) at Kidvention in July.

Yes, there is a 'Super' Roborider coming soon that blows the others away.
Size: comparable to Millennia, the Throwbot.
Attributes: has the ability to split into 3 Roboriders with 2 wheels each.
Colors: Mostly Dk. Grey, with Orange and Lime(RR:Swamp) colored highlights.
MSRP: They wouldn't say, but $25 would be my guess.
Availability: November 2000.

I was told all this in the tent where they were showing off the Power Puller and
Silver Champion and other future models. This model caught my eye because it was
so....Roboriderish, but big if you get what I mean. It resembled a 6-wheeled SUV
with a lowrider hydrolic system that allowed it to move many different ways (NO,
it was not pneumatic).

Personally, I can't wait to see this one again. It was my second favorite model
behind the Silver Champion. It should be out soon, since Silver is already here.
Toobad the Power Puller is so ugly, I might have liked this one if they'd put a
bit of time into the design. Yellow bricks with gears and wheels don't excite
me, and that's what this looks like.