 Technic / 2399
Re: My Lego planetary gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:02:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
The sun/planet concept is fairly simple, I believe early automatic motorcar
transmissions used them.  The more recent ones use a variant similar to the
hydro-electric power plant.

Planetary gears are still being used as maintainance-free transmission systems
for bycicles, build inside the back nave. They work very well, I own a bike
that has 7 gears crammed inside a ±10 cm diameter hub.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.