 Technic / 2391
Re: My Lego planetary gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:39:52 GMT

That is certainly compact.  Do you have any ideas how it might be used in an
actual model?  I suppose locking either the top half or the bottom half, or
both, would change the way the output shaft differs from the input shaft?

Although what I would really like to see is an inner gear ring which is a
lot larger than the current gears are.  I'm not sure if it's technically
feasible to make, though!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Amnon Silverstein <amnon@best.com> wrote in message
I was working on transmission ideas, and I came up with a cute planetary. • It
can produce several different types of output, and it is typically used in
transmissions. My implementation is compact, and doesn't use too many • parts.
I'm not sure that it is useful for anything, but it might be cool in a
gearhead-nerd way.

http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/PlanetMiddle.jpg
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/PlanetTop.jpg
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/PlanetBottom.jpg