 Technic / 2099
Re: Mini-review: 8457 Power Puller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 01:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Larry Pieniazek writes:

It's a real challenge keeping the front wheels on the ground
at all with many of them

Is there a rules requirement for rear wheel drive?  This seems like a natural
for FWD,  with any of the minimal steering required done by the rear wheels.

Any benefits to RWD I can think of (like,  say, using the load to increase
traction) seem to be outweighed by costs (like increasing the friction between
the load and the ground).

It'll be interesting to see whether a Technic equivalent of the NTPA starts.
Especially if it tries to make the competition more realistic by dropping the
wheels off the load.  You want some seriously-tough competition?  Try dragging
the load across a field of baseplates  ;-)

Ran