 Technic / 2095
Re: Mini-review: 8457 Power Puller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Huw Millington writes:

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message

Yes it does. And I should have mentioned in my review that it sucks big
time. The steering wheel is connected to the front steering mechanism by
flex and it doesn't work very well. It is very dependent on the • positioning
of the flex tube

Huw, didn't you see in the video...the real things steer like a stuck pig, • or a
steamroller with the pin in (dif pin)...:)

Lego is only trying to make it easier for you!

Yes, of course! I don't suppose the real things veer to the right all the
time, though...

Some of them do. It's a real challenge keeping the front wheels on the ground
at all with many of them, and therefore they are somewhat influenced by the
differential to give one wheel or the other a bit more power (depending on
engine or driveshaft rotation direction) because no differential is perfect

These make a godawful noise, especially when one chap was using surplus Bell
Helicopter engines instead of reciprocating engines.

++Lar