 Technic / 16898 (-20)
  Wind-Up Clock

I wanted to create a clock that did not rely on weights for the drive. I connected two pull-back motors to create a "wind-up" clock that indicates minutes and seconds and will run for about 30 minutes on one winding. (URL) More pictures, links and a (...) (14 years ago, 6-Oct-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Geneva wheel or Geneva mechanism

(...) Excellent! I enjoyed the video. (14 years ago, 26-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Geneva wheel or Geneva mechanism

Very clever! I myself have been playing around with those quarter circle bricks, great to see what you did! You are right, the mechanism works well, both directions! Eric Sophie Legomaster Biomechanical Bricks (14 years ago, 22-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Geneva wheel or Geneva mechanism

In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote: I now have a small movie on YouTube. I wasn't able to upload it on Brickshelf... (URL) Here is a link to my Brickshelf folder: (...) (14 years ago, 22-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Geneva wheel or Geneva mechanism

(...) Maybe you could provide some deep links... Jetro (14 years ago, 20-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Geneva wheel or Geneva mechanism

Hello I have seen the Geneva wheel for a while now. A few LEGO MOCs have been created before, but I wanted to do my own... This mechanism is running flawless and at variable speed Here is a link to my Brickshelf folder: (URL) I built 2 different (...) (14 years ago, 20-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8258 crane truck back on the US shop at home site

Are you saying that they still have this model? (14 years ago, 17-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  8258 crane truck back on the US shop at home site

This mave have been posted already but here it is anyway (URL) (14 years ago, 4-Sep-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!

(...) If it's any consolation, Canada still gets the shaft in both cases. (...) Canada Price $250 (...) NOT SOLD IN CANADA! (I bought mine through a parallel importer at $220) Is it fair? Heck no! (14 years ago, 31-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

(...) *NOW* you're thinking like a Mindstorms person ;). Seriously, I'm glad it's working. The 1 ms difference could be due to a lot of things... but if it's not that critical, then it's not a problem. (14 years ago, 27-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

(...) Well, I've built a 2 sensor version of Brian's idea using parallel sequence bars (I tried your idea Kevin, got stuck, then Brian chimed in). I just did some testing by building a rig to press the 2 sensors "simultaneously." I was able to get (...) (14 years ago, 26-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

(...) I like it! As they say "There's more than one way to skin a cat". I work on computer servers that have 128 CPUs per chip and 512 CPUs per pizza sized box, and I knew that there is no true parallelism here with the NXT :) I like your design, (...) (14 years ago, 26-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

(...) Thanks Brian, I am hoping to play with all of the ideas, and really appreciate the response. Robotics, programming, and the NXT are all quite new for me, but I already having fun trying out the solutions provided, and learning the G progamming (...) (14 years ago, 24-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized pneumatics

(...) I guess great minds think alike! Yeah it works well so far. Right now I'm building my own version of the new excavator with that same system. The thing to remember is to make sure the axles going to the switch can turn freely. I'll post some (...) (14 years ago, 14-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized pneumatics

(...) Hi Nathan, Don't you love differentials? Smart gearboxes..... I invented the same pneumatic switch/compressor solution years ago, and its great! As you pointed out, how fast the switch flips all depends on how hard it is to pump the pump. (...) (14 years ago, 14-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!

I did not do the math on the power functions components. So thanks for sharing that! Yup I guess the Europeans get to enjoy a better price for once. I am little disappointed that Technic does not seem to evoke much passion here in the US. Well (...) (14 years ago, 12-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!

I know at another very large toy company that there is a person who comes up with the price of a toy (fulltime employee(s)!). It does not always have to do with the actual cost in creating the product. There has always been a suspicion that Technic (...) (14 years ago, 12-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!

(...) Straight currency conversion does not account for many things that have a significant impact on price: 1. VAT. So far, we've managed to avoid that evil, and it's been noted to account for a substantial amount of the price the Europeans have to (...) (14 years ago, 11-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized pneumatics

The chain is not necessary. It was a quick way to hook the motor to the differential. There is sometimes a delay in the system because the pump is such a small load (even when the valve is completely closed). To avoid this delay, add mechanical (...) (14 years ago, 11-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!

(...) The answer to the higher price is Power Functions content. 8258 Crane Truck ---...--- 1x - XL motor ($10) 1x - Battery Box ($7) 2x - Linear Actuator ($30) 1x - Pole Reverser ($5) ---TOTAL---...---($52)---- 8043 Excavator ---...--- 4x - M motor (...) (14 years ago, 11-Aug-10, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact