 Technic / 16807
Re: Where you all at?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:01:51 GMT

   In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
   Hi there!

So I’m getting the gears running again and LUGNET has died, more or less.

Where have all the Technic buffs gone to do their chit-chat?

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   I do most of my chatting at Eurobricks which has a dedicated Technic forum. There is a pretty good amount of posting and quite a few Technic fans post there, including myself.

SPEAKING of TECHNIC...

I noticed yesterday (thanks to your blog post on LEGO.com, actually, Eric), the The LEGO Group has stopped claiming TECHNIC as a trademark. Further, they’re not insistent on fully capitalizing it any longer (I first saw this in Eric’s post, and then in Monica’s post, (she’s the somewhat-new TECHNIC Marketing Manager), and then finally all over the TECHNIC sub-site at LEGO.com

The “Take the Challenge” contest posting is especially interesting, since the text doesn’t capitalize TECHNIC, and doesn’t feature a TM mark anywhere; yet (perhaps based on momentum?) the contest graphic still features the TECHNIC URL capitalized (TECHNIC.LEGO.com -- note this is NOT a graphic logo issue, it’s done in text that features lowercase for the ‘.com’).

Since I have so many TECHNIC heavy hitters in this thread, does anyone know when this change occurred, and why?

-- joshuaD