 Technic / 16703 (-20)
  Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review

(...) The environment argument gets even thinner when you consider the fact that set 8259 (Mini Bulldozer) has 3 instruction booklets - 2 for the main model, and one for the alternate model. Considering that this is only about 65 pages worth of (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review

(...) The excuse about the environment is not a very solid one. Maybe LEGO uses less paper and ink, but many people still like to have a physical copy of the document and printing a single set on an inkjet printer is more environmentally unfriendly (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review

(...) I do believe that the 8258 crane truck will have it's b-model instructions soley on the internet (not included in the set). Legos reasoning is that it helps save the environment by uing less paper (which if i'm totally honest is a load of BS (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics resouces

(...) I stand corrected :) Jetro (15 years ago, 9-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics resouces

(...) Hi Jetro, FWIW, it is Dr. Soh. Kevin (15 years ago, 9-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review

(...) It looks even better than it did on paper and the inclusion of the builing instructions for the second model is an answer to many AFOL complaints in the past couple of years. I hope the same is true for the remaining models. Jetro (15 years ago, 9-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics resouces

(...) I've just received an email from Mr. Soh informing me that the website is back online: (URL) (15 years ago, 9-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  8263 Snow Groomer Review

To those who are interested, I've posted a review of the new 8263 Snow Groomer over on Eurobricks with lots of pictures. (URL) Albrecht blakbird (15 years ago, 9-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

(...) Strangely, I never did see LUGNET as a photo-sharing community (not even with the firm connection to Brickshelf). Most of what I use LUGNET for, well... doesn't work on Flickr. It's hard to organize a GBC standard, or trash-talk about a (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

(...) Can I propose twittering with hashtags like #technic_moc or #space_moc so we can find each others cool stuff now it is moving away from the lugnet server? (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

(...) I agree with this. Lugnet was ground breaking, when it was first launched. But that was eons ago. We're rapidly coming up on lugnet.space's 10th anniversary ((URL)). It's been a great 10 years for lugnet.space with well over 40k postings, but (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: RCX 1.0 (!!): how to disable or delay the "auto power-off" function

(...) Thank to Jetro and Philo for the hint (thanks Philo for your compliments too!) SteP (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Compressor

(...) I too regret the showdown of Lugnet. Even if the main discussion occurs elsewhere it doesn't cost a lot to at least put an announcement here... (...) Now that's a compressor! (URL)(with corrected link) Philo (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: RCX 1.0 (!!): how to disable or delay the "auto power-off" function

(...) (URL) (...) (snip) (...) A RCX newbie perhaps, but your cableway is really awesome! Philo (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Switch 4694 - versions

(...) Thanks for that - the info is most useful! I might ask my father (who happens to work on hydraulic systems on real-world aircraft) if he has any "low-temperature grease". I have a handful of older pneumatic elements in my parts-to-be-sorted (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Compressor

Excellent work. I like seeing all the technic bits and that speed computer! I was just looking at all the pnuematics I have that are unused too. I would have tried a racer motor too, I don't have any of the power functions motors, (you would (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

(...) There are people out there (like me) who still post MOCs on LUGNET but the way we share our photos has changed the last few years. Since I (and many others) started using sites like Flickr to share photos, viewers can post comments on the (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jul-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic) !

  Radial Compressor

I wasn't planning on posting this here, but after Eric Sophie's call for participation I thought the least I could do is get things started. One of the GBC modules I presented at HispaLUG last year was a fully automated pneumatic excavator. It (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

I'd still like to see MOCs from 'THIS' Newsgroup posted to the ".space MOC Highlight". That would be nice. Alas, much like the .technic group, which has had no MOC updates for nearly 2 years. Anyone interested in the jobs? -LUGNET Member 1051 (15 years ago, 3-Jul-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Pneumatic Switch 4694 - versions

(...) 1161761 - no idea about its composition) and it works great both for valves and pistons. In the case of pistons it's usually enough to slightly grease the plunger and slowly 'screw' it in to distribute the grease well on the top seal. Jetro (15 years ago, 3-Jul-09, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact