 Technic / 16702
Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Porter wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
To those who are interested, I've posted a review of the new 8263 Snow Groomer
over on Eurobricks with lots of pictures.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31078

Eric Albrecht
blakbird

It looks even better than it did on paper and the inclusion of the builing
instructions for the second model is an answer to many AFOL complaints in the
past couple of years. I hope the same is true for the remaining models.

Jetro

I do believe that the 8258 crane truck will have it's b-model instructions soley
on the internet (not included in the set). Legos reasoning is that it helps save
the environment by uing less paper (which if i'm totally honest is a load of BS
whoever says it). Personally I don't mind not having the instructions for the
B-model included just as long as it translates to lowering the cost of the model
or raising the complexity/piece-count without raising the cost of the model
(which is probably more in line with Lego's real reasoning behind it, cost).

The excuse about the environment is not a very solid one. Maybe LEGO uses less
paper and ink, but many people still like to have a physical copy of the
document and printing a single set on an inkjet printer is more environmentally
unfriendly that LEGO providing 10.

The cost factor is of course a much more important aspect, but personally I
prefer paying that little bit extra and having my instruction booklet than
having to use the computer which makes for a lot less comfortable building.

Jetro