 Technic / 16705
Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 13:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Porter wrote:

What makes it worse is that many steps only have 1 part which is a little
tedious. The 8858 test car only had 24 steps.

The juniorization (or simplification to a level of near brain dead builders) of
the building instructions is a whole new area for discussion and one that can
certainly generate a lot of comments in both directions. Some would say it may
have been a good idea to make Technic instruction books more accessible to a
younger public but maybe the simplification has been taken too far. Others may
argue that apart from making booklets 4 times as thick it takes a lot of fun out
of the building. Others may not put it in quite such polite wording.

Maybe we could ask for an online 'adult' building instruction booklet. I  don't
even consider the possibility of printing the 134 pages of the first part and
145 pages of the second part of the B-model booklet of the new 8258 model (a
total of 279!!! pages) most of which are not only half empty, but explain
building steps to a degree that must be exasperating to anyone who has built
even one or two small Technic models in his life, but the 8858 booklet was
certainly doable.

Jetro