 Technic / 16703
Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:57:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
The excuse about the environment is not a very solid one. Maybe LEGO uses less
paper and ink, but many people still like to have a physical copy of the
document and printing a single set on an inkjet printer is more environmentally
unfriendly that LEGO providing 10.

The cost factor is of course a much more important aspect, but personally I
prefer paying that little bit extra and having my instruction booklet than
having to use the computer which makes for a lot less comfortable building.

Jetro

The environment argument gets even thinner when you consider the fact that set
8259 (Mini Bulldozer) has 3 instruction booklets - 2 for the main model, and one
for the alternate model.  Considering that this is only about 65 pages worth of
instructions, 3 separate books seems a bit ridiculous.  The fact that it's a $10
set in the US further complicates matters.

Great set, though.