 Technic / 16708
Re: 8263 Snow Groomer Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stephane Simard wrote:
What makes it worse is that many steps only have 1 part which is a little
tedious. The 8858 test car only had 24 steps.

You mean 8865 right?

Ooops yeah that's what I meant!

But yeah I agree, and I had found them actually very simple
to follow. The only instances where old school instructions were difficult were
the early 853 auto chassis (the plates in the blue engine) and all the tubing
for set 8868 and wiring for 8480. Besides those, everything could be easily
deduced just by looking at the next step.

The early meccano sets would sometimes even have mistakes in the manual just to
make it more of a challenge. But then again meccano (or any other construction
toy i've ever seen) could never hold a candle to technic when it came to
wonderfully complex designs that needs good instructions 8^).