 Technic / 16689
Re: Pneumatic Switch 4694 - versions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 06:33:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jean-Pierre Manalo wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
The other day I was cleaning some pneumatic elements and several of my
pneumatic switches are pretty hard to move. I had  closer look at one of them
and managed to open it quite easily. I carefully greased some of the
surfaces, put it back together and now have a perfectly smooth working switch
again.

<--snip!-->

Jetro

Out of curiosity, what (product) did you use to grease the surfaces of the
pneumatic switch?

Kind regards,
J.P. Manalo
http://www.databrick.net

A friend who works for Volvo got me a couple of tubes of low-temp grease (nº
1161761 - no idea about its composition) and it works great both for valves and
pistons. In the case of pistons it's usually enough to slightly grease the
plunger and slowly 'screw' it in to distribute the grease well on the top seal.

Jetro

Thanks for that - the info is most useful!

I might ask my father (who happens to work on hydraulic systems on real-world
aircraft) if he has any "low-temperature grease". I have a handful of older
pneumatic elements in my parts-to-be-sorted box, and I suspect that they might
need to be re-lubricated in the same manner that you have had to re-lubricate
yours.

Cheers,
J.P. Manalo
http://www.databrick.net