 Technic / 16681
16680  |  16682
Subject:
Pneumatic Switch 4694 - versions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:17:46 GMT

The other day I was cleaning some pneumatic elements and several of my pneumatic switches are pretty hard to move. I had closer look at one of them and managed to open it quite easily. I carefully greased some of the surfaces, put it back together and now have a perfectly smooth working switch again.

However, when I tried to repeat the process with another switch I realised not all ‘old type’switches are the same. Some have little “pins” (1 between the top studs and 2 in the bottom) whereas others don’t. I have not yet been able to open the second type and would like to know if anyone has or knows how it is closed (maybe it was glued?)

Here’s a picture of the switch I opened in case anyone is curious:

Jetro