 Technic / 16628 (-20)
  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

Owen and Mike, The 2825 part connects the input shift with the orbiter. The part that was shown in the original LDRAW model clearly does not work because all its holes are round and so there is no way of transferring torque to the orbiter body. The (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

(...) Apologies for not having part numbers to hand.. You did mean the 1x5 not the 1x4 liftarm? if so Owen is right the cog must turn freely hence the excessive 1x5 liftarm. I would be interested to see if you have a working redesign... If you meant (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

(...) Bill. Perhaps you could elaborate on that a little? I can't see that part working there at all - the 2825 part has crosses at both ends, and you need the axle attached to the gear to be able to rotate freely. Owen. (16 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

(...) It is indeed a noteworthy invention. Please note, however, that the DAT file linked to from the web page has an error: you need to substitute part 2825.dat (Technic liftarm 1x4 with boss) for the part 32017.dat (Technic liftarm 1x5) that is (...) (16 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A couple of gear questions

(...) No, it is not really a gear. You might be able to get two of them to mesh, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is used on the Code Pilot (and elsewhere) to measure rotation speed along with a light. (...) The 24 tooth clutch is a torque limiter. (...) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: A couple of gear questions

(...) Ah, right, so it is for that... I really have to find out how to measure torque. I, though, can't see the "2.5-5.0 Ncm" print on the part but I'll take your word for it. In lugnet.technic, Timothy P. Smith wrote: (...) I see... well I don't (...) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A couple of gear questions

(...) Add a light sensor, it can be used as a rotation counter. (...) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A couple of gear questions

(...) Not sure - I don't have any. (...) The same reason. The part is effectively a torque limiter - it even has the nominal torque limit printed on it (2.5-5.0 Ncm) - where it is placed in the gear chain simply decides how much maximum torque is (...) (16 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  A couple of gear questions

Hello all, I was wondering a couple of things with gears: Is the timing wheel ((URL) a gear? Can two of them interact with each other? What (other) uses does it have? The 24-tooth clutch gear ((URL) seems to absorb motion if it gets stuck. However, (...) (16 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Older technic sets for clearance sale

Hello All Here is the post about clearance sale (URL) more there WBR Sonnich Available sets as new are: 8266 Spyder Slayer (3 pcs) 8307 Turbo Racer 8458 Silver Champion / Formula 1 Racer (2 pcs + one partly) 8462 Tow Truck (2 pcs) 8515 Extra (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

(...) Perhaps I should have said they Are Lego Digital Designer Files.. They were hosted as LXF Files but if you get a zip file then either save and rename back to .lxf or open the zip and then open the lxfml file into LDD. you can get LDD from (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: assembled Silver Champion FS

(...) More pictures (URL) entire motor is missing, and some other pars. But, there is a new set too, though the box is taped. And 8462 too WBR Sonnich at hot dot ee (16 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  assembled Silver Champion FS

Read more here (URL) there a market for assebled sets? (16 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO marble runs

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Marx wrote: (Last things first here...) (...) Given the the rise of the GBCs has been one of the most amazing things I've seen in the AFoL community, I'd say you're far from alone. I'd love to see TLG come out with some (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

(...) The gap was 12 32x32 baseplates so a little over 3 meters. Steve (16 years ago, 3-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Lego Technic Combine Harvester

Hi Everyone, I have just completed my Technic Lego Combine Harvester. It is loosely based on a New Holland, although I like to keep the body open to show off the mechanical aspects of the machine. It features motorised head, with pnuematic (...) (16 years ago, 10-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

(...) That's gorgeous! Not exactly what I was looking for, but maybe inspiration for the next project. Maybe I'm thinking too small here. What's the span on that? Looks like about 4 meters. (16 years ago, 2-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

I put this together last year for the sydney train club. It uses pretty common parts. (URL) The big problem with studless building is the amount of clutching you get from the connector pins. In this bridge i jammed tiny bits of flex-tube in the (...) (16 years ago, 2-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

(...) Neither of those files seems to contain anything- but I understand what you are saying. I thought I was on to something with some Technic Triangles as right-angle connectors and pinned beams on diagonals. Worked fine, I guess- but needed (...) (16 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Truss Design?

(...) Tower Crane Boom is beam and pin only. (URL) uses multiple dimension connectors as it requires torsional stiffness. (URL) will need 'exotics' to connect dimensions. Thats how studless works best. The beams only have holes in one direction = (...) (16 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact