 Technic / 16609
Re: Studless Truss Design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:51:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Timothy P. Smith wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Timothy P. Smith wrote:
I figured a studless truss couldn't be too hard to build, and it would use up
some of these dang liftarms... but I can't seem to get a decent design.

Has anybody done such a thing? Links/pics appreciated.

What about Parax's tower crane?
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3512659)

Philo

Good start, though it takes some exotic pieces.
Seems like Lego should make a piece that joins liftarms end-to-end. I'm sure i'm
not the only person that would use it.

Tower Crane Boom is beam and pin only.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Parax/TowerCrane-2008/CAD/boom.lxf

Tower uses multiple dimension connectors as it requires torsional stiffness.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Parax/TowerCrane-2008/CAD/tower-sec.lxf

You will need 'exotics' to connect dimensions. Thats how studless works best.
The beams only have holes in one direction = one dimension of connectivity.

I think that more connector pieces are needed..I'm sure we'll see some
eventually..

Parax.