 Technic / 16613
16612  |  16614
Subject:
Lego Technic Combine Harvester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:32:59 GMT

Hi Everyone,
I have just completed my Technic Lego Combine Harvester. It is loosely based on
a New Holland, although I like to keep the body open to show off the mechanical
aspects of the machine.
It features motorised head, with pnuematic adjustment. It also has a motorised
threshing system and straw chopper. Pressure controlled twin compressors, (one
on each side) feed two air tanks at the rear of the machine. This provides
enough pressure to work all necessary functions including the power steering and
the discharge auger.

Disconnecting two pnuematic pipes and pulling two pins releases the cutting head
for those narrow farm gates and roadways!

It is quite heavy, but sturdy. The battery box is hidden behind the front
wheels. On the whole I am very pleased with the overall result.

It can be viewed at <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=367623>
I also made a short video at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hg7mOKRIyg>

Let me know what you think.