 Technic / 16143 (-10)
  Re: Lego Shop at Home

(...) G'day Ian, I hear ya mate! :) A number of us in Sydney group our Shop@Home orders together so that the 'high' shipping cost is spread out amongst a number of us. We normally break the shipping down based the 'size' each person contributes to (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Braiding Machine

(...) Thanks for the note, Chris. Yeah, Theo's mechanism is quite interesting. I'd love to see someone throw a genetic algorithm at it for optimization. I'd bet that there is a combination of link lengths that is significantly superior to anything (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Braiding Machine

(...) Hi Dave, Thanks for the note. My original plan for the braid was to form the core of braided eight-strand rope. In fact, the machine was inspired by this braider: (URL) may still build the eight-strander but I've lost a bit of momentum and am (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Shop at Home

"Ian Power" <ian@codemaster.com.au> wrote in message news:JuEvDs.8JH@lugnet.com... (...) You can indeed get small amounts of stuff for a reasonable cost. (...) Not really, they use a delivery method that charges a set, somewhat proportional cost (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) On the other hand pneumatics are very difficult to control in proportional mode. The linear actuators will be great for that! Philo (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Shop at Home

Hi Ian, availability of the PF accessories on S@H is truly good news - and I find the pricing entirely reasonable. As for shipping costs - without wishing to justify anything beyond what's fair - I figure they simply do not have a "local" (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Lego Shop at Home

I have just been browsing the Lego Shop @ Home site (I live in Australia), and the Power Functions elements are now available. Great! $7.99 for the XL Motor, and $9.99 for the regular motor (that's a bit odd, but anyway). For under $30 AUD I can get (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I love the video. I laughed out loud many times! Great job!, I was suprised at how well the Scorpion did! Kevin (17 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

In lugnet.technic, Allan Porter wrote: There are some situations where (...) Depending on how much play the actuators had.(stating the obvious). (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) Oh yes technic has deffinatley come a long way since then. And yes it is always nice to see new functional parts being designed. There are some situations where these actuators would be the perfect solution, but not many. A CNC machine, whislt (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact