 Technic / 16141
Re: Braiding Machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Koudys wrote:

That's fantastic!!

Smooth in function and minimal in build!

Nicely done!

What do you do with the braiding?  Sell it on eBay saying "THis Braid was
knitted by a LEGO Robot!"?

Dave K

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the note.  My original plan for the braid was to form the core of
braided eight-strand rope. In fact, the machine was inspired by this braider:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aj8uLDzxA

I may still build the eight-strander but I've lost a bit of momentum and am
working on some other string machines at the moment.

I do like the ebay idea though--if only I could get Golden Palace interested....

Regards,

Tom