 Technic / 16142
Re: Braiding Machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:07:18 GMT

Tom, this is (yet another) one of your fantastic creations.

I saw you had a Strandbest as well.  I still cant stop thinking about
that leg segment.

I cant wait till you build the lego loom.  ;)

Chris

Thanks for the note, Chris.

Yeah, Theo's mechanism is quite interesting.  I'd love to see someone throw a
genetic algorithm at it for optimization.  I'd bet that there is a combination
of link lengths that is significantly superior to anything tried so far.

The Lego loom is actually in the queue.  I've a few projects ahead of it but it
may actually get done.  For the first time in years, I have both some time and
some thoughts on machines to build.

Regards,

Tom