 Technic / 14480
Re: Brickfest winner Pneumatic Master
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:32:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Sigurd van Strakenburg wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Sigurd van Strakenburg wrote:
congratulations kevin :) great job!!! whit what creation did you won the
best
technic MOC and the most intriguing MOC???

SSClagorpion1 just barely won Best technic MOC, edging out one of Nathan's
fabulous MOCs.

did you synchronise the leg swap of you're SSC1?? and did you alredy adjust the
leg sturcture or the body so it make's more agressife steps?.... do you have a
video or some more pictures from your SSClagorpion1?

Leg lift and leg drop are synchronized, but leg sweep was not.

I did not have time to rebuild the body to provide identical leg sweep.  Since
this stopped the legs from completing their stride, I did not synchronize leg
sweep.

As Brickfest went on, SSC1 walked better and better.  Furthermore it had no
reliability problems (unlike Phd2 and my three-toed quad.)  I made a number of
design decisions intended to improve reliability.

I do have some video of SSC1 walking, but I have to wait to get back to
Minnesota before I can publish it.

oke lots of questions but i hope i get an answere :-)

and whit's of Nanthan's MOC's whare in the race?....

I made sure to share the news with Nathan, and strongly encourage him to return
next year.

PhD2, my pneumatic hexapod won Best Intruiging MOC.  John Barnes says the voting
was extremely close here too.

PhD2 just simply earns that title!! it's the most advanced pneumatic walker i've
seen so far!! (for now....... you ssc1 is on his way, and i'me bussy bilding a
cat 343 :)

I plan to remake PhD2 into PhD with the simplifying and reliability mods I used
on SSC1.  Of course SSC2 is also in the works!

I'll also start writing articles for BrickJournal too.

Kevin

sigurd

Brickfest 2005 was fabuluous!  This was my third, and it was great to reunite
with old friends and make many new more.

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
Congratulations to Kevin Clague who won best technic MOC and most intriguing MOC!!!!   He got two Technic awards and got a free Technic crane. Mr Christyatsen (who was there for the first time) gave him the new title of Pnuematic master!

pneumatic master.....truth, truth and nothing but the truth!!!

When Kjeld make this statement I got goose bumps.  I still do when I think about
it.

Kjeld is a very down to earth, easy going gentleman who truly has a love for the
brick.  It was a huge honor to get to meet him.

Way to go Kevin!

Thanks Nathan!  It was great to meet you and your father Dave.  You are both
very nice people.

Sunday was pretty busy in the technic room eh?  I'm told it was crazy in the
Great Ball Contraption room also!  I guess with all the motors and all the
people it got pretty stuffy in there.

I hung out with him and William Karney (a young genious Lego builder) almost the
whole time.  I had more fun there than I have had in my whole life!  Kehl
Christyatsen is a friendly man who very much cares about Lego fans.  (Sorry I
don't know how to spell his name).  That is an important thing to know.

I enjoyed this Brickfest more than any other one.  It was fabulous to have my
sons there helping with demos, and getting to know Nathan, his dad and others.
It was great to reunite with old friends and make so many new ones.

!!!!

sigurd

Kevin