 Technic / 14491
Re: Brickfest winner Pneumatic Master
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
(SNIP)
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
Congratulations to Kevin Clague who won best technic MOC and most
intriguing MOC!!!!   He got two Technic awards and got a free Technic crane.
Mr Christyatsen (who was there for the first time) gave him the new title of
Pnuematic master!

pneumatic master.....truth, truth and nothing but the truth!!!

When Kjeld make this statement I got goose bumps.  I still do when I think about
it.

(SNIP)

Kevin

Congratulations Kevin, well deserved!

Of course the pressure's on now to stay at the top.  Wish I could make it across
the pond to Brickfest to give you some extra competition! :-)

Speaking of which, ideas for my next robot are increasing in complexity.  Still,
I have 92 new switches to use!  This will put all my learning since 1997 into
bricks.  The robot might have 7 axes of movement, rather than the 4 in my
current robot.

I should be posting some pneumatic gate circuits soon, including a no-leak
bidirectional OR, AND, NOR and NAND gate, which should interest you.  Drawing
the gates was something I wanted to do for a prospective BrickJournal article,
which could lead technic enthusiasts from basic pneumatics, through building
blocks and right up to the systems we know and love.

I'm glad to hear you're writting pneumatic articles for Brick Journal.  I plan
on doing some articles for Brick Journal too.

Mark

I was thinking that this parlor trick might be used to create a very slow
pneumatic delay (presuming it has enough force to eventually flip a switch.)

Kevin