 Technic / 13875
Re: Crane Steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:22:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, jan-tore skålvik wrote:

About the selftransporter:
I dont have any information whatsoever, but I guess there are plenty ressources
areound the internett to provide this.
--------
So please stop any speculations about computers, motors etc etc etc, when there
isn't anyone.
Just study pictures and you will see that this isn't present on trailers
connected to a truck.
Sometimes you need to operate a trailer when disconnected from a truck, and a
trailer dosen't have a powersupply of its own, so how do you expect to f.x,
lower a trailer without power, if there is a load of computers etc?

Jan-tore, my mention of computers was in direct response to the mention of the
self-propelled transporters. I also would not be surprised if many modern
multi-axle mobile cranes use a similar system, but I have no information on
that.

ROSCO