 Technic / 13869
Re: Crane Steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:09:59 GMT

You are forgetting one thing:

The system for the suspension are a locked system, where the amount of oil are
the same and dont increase or decrease if you change the the height on uneven
ground:
http://www.scheuerle.de/dynscheuerle/fahrzeuge_combi_achsausgleich.jpg

With airsuspensions, the only thing that controls the height are a magnet,
preventing the suspension to get to high or to low when loading or unloading.
The same principle are used with hydraulics, no fancy electronics, just
mechanical everything.

Think of a leaf suspension:
If you put pressure on this, the suspension will get lower, and if you could
stop the lowering proccess while loading, (and why its not done is simply
because the leafs would be under an extreme pressure, and you would probably
have no suspension at all) the suspension will not go any further down, the
height control on the suspension where hydralics are present, are done by the
cylinders at the gooseneck or the drawbar, and when unevenness occur, the oil
from this cylinders (mostly 2 operating in pairs) will pressure the exact amount
needed for the spesific angle.

Offcourse you can lower og heigher the gooseneck and leave the suspension as is,
but when driving, the height are controlled here.
This is a semitrailer version.

So again, nothing fancy, its just plain and simple logic.

About the selftransporter:
I dont have any information whatsoever, but I guess there are plenty ressources
areound the internett to provide this.
--------
So please stop any speculations about computers, motors etc etc etc, when there
isn't anyone.
Just study pictures and you will see that this isn't present on trailers
connected to a truck.
Sometimes you need to operate a trailer when disconnected from a truck, and a
trailer dosen't have a powersupply of its own, so how do you expect to f.x,
lower a trailer without power, if there is a load of computers etc?