 Technic / 13858
Re: Crane Steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:56:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Greetings y'all-

Do any of you know if a Demag AC 500 can use Ackerman Steering? Thanks.

Hi Vineet,

I think almost every vehicle use Ackermann steering, specially heavy duty
vehicles, like mobile cranes.

Presumably they must have a different ackerman configuration for each axle?

How do those modular trailers work, the ones with multiple lines of wheels?

I'm guessing the trailer versions have a different ackerman configuration for
every axle line. But how would you join multiples together? You could add two
identical units back to back without problems, but I don't see how you could add
more.

I beleive the big self-propelled, modular trailers must be able to turn each
wheel unit seperately by electric motor, so that a computer can work out the
correct steering angle for evey wheelset.

SRL

I believe trailers (that you tow around) don't bother with that at all. Just a
bunch of wheels, who cares if they wear down 'cause they don't follow the line
perfectly? They get retreaded again and again anyway...

But self-propelled trailers? That's a first. Any details on those?

Keith