 Technic / 13874
Re: 94" Arch suspension bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:00:03 GMT

Very nice. Yes, the arch itself (minus deck) will just bend and spread out. It
will not hold any weight. Once the deck is in place, it will be put into
tension
and keep the arch together (sort of like a long bow).

yeah, the friction pegs i used to hold the arch segments together are now
frictionless.  they got squished just slightly.  next time i set it up i'm
going to use axles instead.

it is an amazingly strong bridge.  i had my doubts that it would hold the
wight over such a large span, but knowing that your bridge was used at a
train show with out any problems was reassuring to me.

bob

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com

Fial Incorporated