 Technic / 13872
Re: 94" Arch suspension bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:12:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
I have been working on this bridge for a few months now...
<snip>

Very cool, Bob! I like it in black! How did the design perform for you?
<snip>

Sorry, I just re-read your description and caught your "performace report". I
was engrossed by the photos first thing, and just had to look at them in detail!

Very nice. Yes, the arch itself (minus deck) will just bend and spread out. It
will not hold any weight. Once the deck is in place, it will be put into tension
and keep the arch together (sort of like a long bow).

The only trouble I had with mine was getting the deck to be somewhat level.
Although I used the non-LEGO approach by using braided nylon string. Looks like
you used real LEGO parts for the deck hangers.

-TJ