 Technic / 13848
  Crane Steering

Greetings y'all- Do any of you know if a Demag AC 500 can use Ackerman Steering? Thanks. (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) Hi Vineet, I think almost every vehicle use Ackermann steering, specially heavy duty vehicles, like mobile cranes. Best regards, Anders Gaasedal (URL) LEGO Trucks & Cranes> (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) Presumably they must have a different ackerman configuration for each axle? How do those modular trailers work, the ones with multiple lines of wheels? I'm guessing the trailer versions have a different ackerman configuration for every axle (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

There are several different steering possibilites to a trailer: 1) Normal forcesteered axle where the center of the wheel are placed infront of the turning center. 2) As earlier trailers and socalled citytrailers: where there is a waier from the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) I believe trailers (that you tow around) don't bother with that at all. Just a bunch of wheels, who cares if they wear down 'cause they don't follow the line perfectly? They get retreaded again and again anyway... But self-propelled trailers? (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) SPMT's (self propelled modular trailers) try (URL) click on transport SRL (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) Their steering is hydraulic and computer controlled (as is their suspension), each axle can be turned individually. This allows them to be tethered together in many configuration, end-to-end or side-by-side, or combinations, and all controlled (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) If you think about it a normal bog standard trailer has 4 wheels one at each corner, like a table has legs. This is a very stable configuration. If you built a six line modular trailer from lego (12 stub axles, 24 tyres, 12 cylinders) you (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

You are forgetting one thing: The system for the suspension are a locked system, where the amount of oil are the same and dont increase or decrease if you change the the height on uneven ground: (URL) airsuspensions, the only thing that controls the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) Jan-tore, my mention of computers was in direct response to the mention of the self-propelled transporters. I also would not be surprised if many modern multi-axle mobile cranes use a similar system, but I have no information on that. ROSCO (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane Steering

(...) I have had a demonstration of the 6 wheel steering on a Demag AC50-1, and while I did not see the workings in detail, it would appear that each axle could be controlled independently, switching between modes electronically. To my mind this (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)