 Technic / 13567
  Paul's Ferrari

The finished Ferrari looks flawless! The front end is the best part. I would rather have your Ferrari design than the real thing. The tan seats also add a lot to the looks. Do you intend to send the idea to TLC? They have made sets out of creations (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) technic Enzo set (which means the chances of TLG releasing Paul's model are pretty much non-existant)... I would buy that set in an instant, even though it would probably cost a pretty penny. Whenever I put together technic sets, I'm always (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Thanks for making a thread for the car Nathan. That was very cool of you! The car has many nice features and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I still will probably make some changes here and there, nothing major. Here are the weak points in (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Hey Paul, Like I said before, so far the best supercar made! It beats the shit out of my viper, but I hope to catch up with my Mazda RX-8 ;-) Still, I'm quite a busy guy lately, due to my study, so it won't be finished soon. 2500 parts!!?!? is that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

Congrats Paul!! You did a fantastic job! This Enzo is the real deal. You certainly did prove a point! You say the car has still some flaws, but don't be so hard, enjoy this moment of what you did achieve! Because you two (Paul and Misha) make these (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

I am not sure exactly how many pieces are in this model. I know that there were about 2000 before I detailed the engine. Each valve cover consists of 36 pieces. I added about 150 pieces to the engine. While it may not be exactly 2500, the count is (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

I notice that you only use one single shock absorber for each wheel. Is that enough to carry the weight of the car? Fredrik (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) Supposing that post was meant as a reply to mine rather than nathanael's, here is a render of a half-completed RX-8 chassis... (URL) Misha (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Misha's RX-8

I forget; did you say you were going to try to make a rotary engine out of legos? I assume it has a rotary engine because the RX-7 had dual rotors. You might have already answered that question in a previous email, but I can't find it. (19 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Misha's RX-8

(...) A wankel rotary engine indeed, I'll need to have custom parts injectionmoulded... (19 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

The shocks that I used are yellow ones from the 8458 set with the stiffened springs and worked well, but I actually found better springs for these shocks that were the same exact size, but slightly thicker.(See Pic) (URL) the Enzo should not have a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) in the background.... Go Panthers <g> (19 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)