 Technic / 13202
Re: Crab steering idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:36:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
This smaller model may better explain the crab steering design on the
telehandler.  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=102719

I like this! I read the description of the telehandler, but couldn't quite
figure out the steering. This shows it clearly.

My preference would be that turning the wheel would give 'normal' steering and
tilting it would give 'crab' steering (it seems more intuitive, plus it would be
much easier to judge when the 'crab steer' is at zero).

I puzzled over how to do this for a while... but I think it could simply be
achieved by putting one steering rack inside the wheelbase, one steering rack
outside.

In any case, this has definitely inspired me to get the technic out...

Cheers

Richie Dulin