 Technic / 13203
13202  |  13204
Subject:
8865 and 8475
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:19:42 GMT

So why did I want to get the hubs and the rubber to stick together on the old
large Technic tyres?

After a very successful 8448 and 8475 merge, and a mostly successful 8466 and
8475 merge, I decided to have another go at it.

Thought about the 956 but I could never keep the look

Then the 8860--could work, but after getting the 8860 together, I thought it
wouldn't be a good fit

And the 8880--there was no way I was going to take that apart, probably lose the
4 wheel steering and driving--and I think it's far too stiff for any RCing

So that left the 8865.

I love the 8448 RC car, but there was one minor issue--it's extremely difficult
to change the batteries--so this time I wanted to make the bottom of the control
unit easily accssible.  That was my only criteria for building the 8865 with the
RC unit.

Oh, and I thought I'd be true to the 8865 by using original black friction pegs.
That was a mistake.  But I used 'em anyway.

Anyway, I'll cut off the dialogue and put the link up--

http://sparky.i989.net/legop4.htm

Anyway, it was fun--I'll bring it to the hobby show

Dave K