 Technic / 13207
Re: Crab steering idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:12:51 GMT

Ross-

Looking at Nathan’s crab design, I realized that the center steering mechanism resembles a differential. Realizing this I came up with a sketch (since that’s all I’m able to do until I move into a house and open my legos) using a differential and a clutch/ring gear setup, the end result; a single fixed steering column with a small gearshift that would implement the crab steer. I will post my sketch of this soon.