 Technic / 11946
  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Before I start, I'm taking three big deep breaths and relaxing.... I've got a lot of energy on this topic. Jindrich, I understand and respect why you don't like the studless beams, so please don't take this post as though I don't. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Jindrich, I also understand both sides of the argument. I see uses for both types of pieces, so I'm not hard core in either direction. (...) Also, I hope you understood my question about what it was you were concerned about. I just wanted to (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Yes. (...) I should have written 'the studless beams'. (...) Of course, I'm not against the studless beams. I'm against replacement of studded beams with studless in new Technic sets, rendering them incompatible with System. Technic (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Cool. :) It just makes sure we're all on the same page. (...) Actually it was specifically the words, "right to live" that seemed to indicate you felt these parts were dead, gone, deleted, discontinued etc. etc. Once again, this was why I (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Don't catch my on my every word, please, I'm not a native speaker so expressing some subtle feelings and so are rather hard for me ;-) I just think of studded beams/holed plates as a 'compatibility layer' between System and Technic. My old 744 (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) I speak only one language, so please don't feel I'm in any way attempting to pick apart your English postings. In fact, I am quite sincerely just trying to make sure that I understand exactly what it is that you are trying to express. It's (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Just to clarify; I thought SNOT was more about turning BASIC bricks on other edges then Studs on top (hence SNOT - Studs Not On Top). By turning parts around it creates different offsets etc.. See Bram's BMW as an example of offset building: (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) like the round wing on his disc-racer: (URL) has since evolved to incude a wide variety of building techniques, all of which have one thing in common. There aren't any studs on top. (...) Of course it is. You use sideways mounted TECHNIC (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)