 Technic / 11630
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Riley wrote:
Well, you could do something like this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/markril/Misc/beams1.jpg

or build a truss like so:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/markril/Misc/beams2.jpg

or:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/markril/Misc/beams3.jpg

Probably not quite as strong as the technic bricks, though.

These are excellent examples of how to use the studless beams, full-width
liftarms, or whatever you want to call them. I use this type of connection
(studs-in-holes) quite often, and I'm pleased with the results.

I hate to dig up a sore subject, but I think traditional technic beams are just
as important and valuable as the "without studs" beams. Each have their own
purpose and use. The new parts are "new" and will take some getting used to. You
have to learn some new construction techniques, but it is worthwhile.

One of the great things about the studless beams is that their cross section is
square, as opposed to the 5/6 ratio cross section of traditional bricks and
technic beams.

-TJ