 General / 43688
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:51:36 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

Color Modifications

As has been pointed out, there have been some modifications to the color palette. This was done with a great deal of consideration, and for a couple of very good reasons.

This destroys the backward compatibility. I expect to be let down by companies like Microsoft, but not Lego. I thought the basic tenant of Lego was that it was always compatible, old pieces should always go with with new ones.

This is another case of change for the sake of change, not because it’s an improvement.

While I’m here, please go back to making the old style of Technic beam, they’re so much better than the new ones. Have you actually tried to make the news connect end to end? It’s impossible to do it as smartly as you can with the old style.

Yours disappointedly

Steve