 Technic / 10991
    Lego Glider —Daron Williams
   I just finished an all lego glider. Well actually the vertical part of the tail is paper, however it would be easy to replace that with paper from a lego book, I would just rather not do that unless I have to. The wings, body and the rest of the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic) !

        Re: Lego Glider —Paul Kleniewski
     so we've got the winner :)) looking on the pictures i assume the flat pannels are realy flat i mean the don't have the aerodynamic shape? when i've been taking about the plane with oyo i did tell him to use strong plastic (ie from the folder) to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     (...) Ya, they are just flat, I tried an aerodynamic shape right at first but my design kept not working so I went to the flat design. The next version most likely will have an aerodynamic design though. (...) Thanks, rubber powered planes are one (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Lego Glider —George Haberberger
     (...) Daron, Wow, that's cool, one more thing done that I didn't think was possible in Lego. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     Thanks! :) Hopefully newer versions will glide even further. (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Lego Glider —Paul Krieg
     Hi Daron, Congratulations! A great achievent! It's exciting to see all of the ideas and progress that is made by people around the globe. It's much like the progress that lead to real powered flight a century ago. I will not be the one to say that (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     (...) Thanks, I'm going to start looking at some of the first air planes and some of the newer planes that use less power and have very efficiant designs. Hopefully I will be able to find one that works and actually leads to Lego powered flight. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Lego Glider —John Gerlach
     (...) THAT would be something spectacular! A powered airplane, built entirely from Lego... Wow, just the thought of it boggles the mind. Good luck! JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     (...) Thanks, I'm making the CAD of the glider today and hopefully within the next two weeks I will have a new version. Oh and by the way today on the Lego Mindstorms Offical Site, Lego gave my glider special mention :) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     The CAD is up on my website: (URL) You can download it from the homepage under "new cads", the gliders own page under projects, or under the download section. The file is 242kb, it includes all the needed information. Its my first CAD so I kinda (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Lego Glider —Philippe Hurbain
     An impressive achievement ! I also had a look to your other robots, I especially liked your knoting bot ((URL) - for sure a first too ! Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
     (...) Thanks! (...) Thanks, its one of my favorite robots. It was fun to watch, a pain to program. (just long and tidious programming). (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Lego Glider —Eric Sophie
   Excellent choice of parts for the wing surface! Good deal, 18 feet? not bad, Looks like the prize goes to you! Congrats. Hey cool site too! & Thanks for featuring my robot. :) e (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Lego Glider —Daron Williams
   (...) Thanks, I actually changed the design of the tail plus the COG of the plane so now the flight distance is up to 20feet :) I'm not posting pics of the modified version, however the new version that I'm working on will feature the modified tail, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)