 Technic / 10975
  8454 question

Hi, In the latest Shop at Home catalog (US version), the description of this new Technic set (aviation fire truck) says that "This detailed model features a newly developped steering mechanism". Does anybody know what this is about? Are any new, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) David, I got to see one of these up close at the Lego Outlet in the Discovery Mills Shopping Center in Atlanta, GA. I believe the reference refers to the fact that the front two sets of two wheels turn in the direction of the intended turn (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question - rear wheel steering by Lego

(...) See Crane 8460, instr. pages 15-17 give a clear view how it's done. so, if lego claims to have 'a new steering principle' I hope they don't refer to opposite-turning-rear-wheels. :-) Klaas (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) Well, it's not the first time they have incorporated reverse-steering in the back wheel, (URL) is it the first time they have made varying angle dual front wheels steering, (or varying angle steered dual rear wheels) (URL) it's the first time (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 question

(...) I can't say for sure about the parts, but from my experience at Toy Fair, turning the rear blue strobe causes the second set of wheels to steer, the first set of wheels to over-steer, and the fourth set of wheels to counter-steer, all at the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)