 Technic / *9941 (-10)
  Re: I thought as much

I agree with Steven with another example: (URL) also an Lego Service from -88 (mint) that says 'Beams with holes' (swe: Bjälkar med hål) I wish that some of the stuff was available today :) /Pehter (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Congratulations Jake! I know you were working on it a while ago. Did you use the standard 9v motor? Someone else has done it using the new RC units (those are considerably more powerful/expensive). Looking forward to the gallery. Sonic "Jake Rentar" (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) The scan is german and the part name translates as 'bar'. I'd say that was closer to beam than brick. Steve (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  I Motorized The 8466 Off-Roader!!!!!

Hi all, After weeks of determination I finally motorized that huge 8466 off-roader. I'll be posting a gallery to brickshelf in a little while (after breakfast) Thanks!! Jake (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

OK, this is the point. When technic sets went crappy (but still good), sales went down, not the other way round. When technic sets become as good as they was, sales will rise. So what exactly do I mean by good? Function over form. Complexity over (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) Bricks have studs, Beams do not, They are good, For some SNOT. (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) That set description was supplied by LUGNET data admins, not by TLC. The curly brackets indicate this. AFAIK, the traditional TLC name for those parts with studs and pin holes are "Technic Bricks". But "beam" has been commonly used for some (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0F3x6.BLy@lugnet.com... (...) Remember (...) The service catalogue was still active until relatively recently in the UK, certainly I ordered bits from it after the release of the 8448. I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I thought as much

(...) argument. What better way to destroy the memory of the old part than to reuse it's name. Actually as I said before they're both beams. The old type is the default beam so gets the short hand 'beam'. In order to distinguish the new type from (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact