 Technic / *17846 (-20)
  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) A continuous track requires a hollow behind the bar in the horizontal plane to allow for idler gears or the sprocket, which would determine what you could connect too. You could of course attach parts that don't meet these criteria to the ends (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) There is an interesting discussion about these parts here: (URL) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Well that new "link"... (URL) looks like its now the size of standard "bar" items... like these... (URL) Can anyone confirm or deny that? If so, I could see that part being used for much more, in many other builds, aside from just something (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Amazing new part!

I've just stumbled across this post (URL) and apparently the snow mobiles track is made up of a new track! You can see it on this picture. (URL) It appears to be five wide with two stud holes! I wonder if it can withstand more load before snapping (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:J9q2E0.ovE@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed seeing Lego performing in this special MOC. Much fun! Bob Fay (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

(...) Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Rob! (Temporal) Anomalessly Yours, * (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Live steam Lego locomotive

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:J9q2E0.ovE@lugnet.com... (...) I'm in the future and sent this message back through time to let you know I enjoyed seeing this engine. :P -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Live steam Lego locomotive

Hi, Pictures and movie here: (URL) is my latest (and most successful) attempt at building such a thing. This particular model runs on Gauge 1 track but could be regauged to run on Lego track by switching to an outside frame structure. It uses 8 (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Need a new curator for .Technic

(...) I'd second that, I think Rosco would make a good curator. Steve (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Need a new curator for .Technic

(...) I'm happy to take it on TJ. ROSCO (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Need a new curator for .Technic

All, I'm currently the curator for this group, and I wish to pass the curatorship to anyone who is up for the task. Please reply here or email me and we can contact the admins. best, TJ Avery (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Rahkshi USB drive

Ever since NW BrickCon, where one of the Dirty Brickster gifts was a modified USB thumb drive embedded into a 2x6 LEGO brick, I've wanted to try playing with something like that. So, with all the good deals on personal electronics last weekend, I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  YouTube Group For LEGO Machines

Hello! I've started a YouTube group for motorized LEGO MOCs: (URL) Check out the vids that are up there & join the group if you love mechanized LEGO, mindstorms, technic, etc! Cheers, Ben (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Thanks, "OC." Now I feel like a real troll, fishing that compliment out of you! As you can probably tell, this clock is supposed to look like nothing more than a clock. An antique granddaughter clock or something similar. Pretty bland from the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Man, I hate chasing posts to other groups, but for you Chris, I must. This is a nice looking new clock, but I must admit that it won't fit into a town as well as the old one :) Chris (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

Not content with a clock mechanism that was 12 studs wide, I completely redesigned the reduction geartrain yesterday, resulting in a mechanism that is only 8 studs wide. There is much less friction in this new design than in the previous one, so it (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

I've spent the past few days refining the design of my (URL) Technic clock>. I've managed to convert it to electric drive (using a 9V micro motor) which enabled me to get rid of the 2-lb. weight and string. This made it possible to further reduce (...) (18 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Erik's Countach

Since Erik does not appear to be tuting his own horn, I will do it for him. (URL) appears to have all of the functions of the older supercar designs by TLC and it looks just like a Countach. Good work Erik! (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic compressor

(...) So that's self-and-dave proclaimed guru... Dave K (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic compressor

(...) Self proclaimed guru.... ;^) (...) (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact