 Technic / *13626 (-20)
  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I had to put in Big Muskie as an example of inspiration for building big ;-) A LEGO model of that would be tremendous! :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) using it as a reference. Well done! ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks again for letting me feature your new creation. It was quite a surprize to the crowd when they first saw it. I thought it was a great slide to show at the beginning so that the audience would understand what I considered "building big". (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

Well this is a first of sorts for me on several levels: It's my first time to use FTX for a post so if this fubar's, my apologies ahead of time. It's the first (and hopefully) the last time I'll use such a long title but I couldn't resist. Gold star (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.fun, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

Hi TJ It definitely was worth to wait! Thanks for this great piece of work. I really enjoyed studying it - not only because my Mountaineer is featured. By watching the pictures and reading your notes your profession becomes obvious. I do agree with (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) If you can have a period of time at your shows where the model builders are by themselves (no public), then it makes a lot of sense to give presentations and seminars. I attended many other presentations at Brickfest and really enjoyed them. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks, Lar. Yes, the notes delayed my release of this presentation. I had not written them prior to Brickfest but should have. When writing them, I realized I had forgotten to say many things I'd meant to during the presentation. Thanks, TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. I hope it gives some inspiration to fellow builders, not just in the Technic area, but other themes as well. TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) No problemo! It was fun to create and more fun to present. -TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) I like the idea of giving presentations on modelshows. This is unknown in Holland. I don't now if people will give 'PowerPoint' presentations during LEGOWORLD this month, actually I don't think so when the visitors mostly are parents with (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Don't forget to download the speaker's notes, they add a lot. Very nice work, TJ! (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) The presentation is extensive, attractive, and moreover extremely clear. Well worth the 6MB download... Thanks again TJ, Philo (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is a great resource to those unable to attend BrickFest 2003. I like it a lot! Thanks again! Max (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

I have uploaded my presentation, "Building Big", to my website. You can download it from this page: (URL) also made available a document with my presentation notes. The presentation will make a lot more sense if you read them :-) Most of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Lousy photo's

(...) Wow ! Another fans on Model Team with RCX. Fortunately, I'm not the only one on Brickshelf !!! (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: King Kong MOC

Mike, this is fantastic! I'm so glad that I got to see it up close and personal. Your building style is truly unique. - Joe "Mike Crowley" <count_blockula@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HMMo3o.1GMu@lugnet.com... (...) bit (...) chunk of (...) how (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: King Kong MOC

(...) Holy banana! That's one of the freakiest MOCs I've seen. Who knew Lego could look like hair and muscle? (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  King Kong MOC

(URL) Parts Monkeys, Unite> Here’s a link to the page with the rest of the pictures: (URL) Click Here> He's actually quite sturdy and holds up to play pretty well. He's just a bit over 13 inches tall, and it only took me about an afternoon and a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) Thanks for the pics. I don't really care that they are not good quality, I just want to see how it looks like. I also found that someone posted colour pics of the same set at brickshelf: (URL) It looks cool and I think I found a winner out of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

Here it is. My HTML and my scanning skills are poor but I have uploaded three pictures to the web. (URL) are scans of the instructions. The scans are the cover, the completed primary model and the completed secondary model. The cover is very (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact