 Technic / *12396 (-20)
  Re: Lego orrery (mechanical solar system)

(...) Thank you. But I'm afraid that .dat file will be a long time coming--I don't know ldraw and don'd see when I'd have the time to learn. :( Tom (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Yep.=20 (...) Whoa, buddy, not just the links -- they're everywhere :)=20 (...) Does =20 mean anything?=20 (...) Oh well. That doesn't keep it from being a cool bridge :)=20 (...) Hi.=20 (...) What's ^this stuff supposed to mean?^=20 Matt (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) I've just seen a bridge that instead of being lifted up is instead lowered under the water onto the river bed. That would be cool to see modelled. The hard part would be covering up the lowered bridge with fake water. I suppose a cover (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8459/8464 Price

(...) All five of the basic 2003 Technic sets are scheduled for July release, from the forklift to the fire truck. (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8459/8464 Price

Thanks for the info Dave! I was lucky enough to have just aquired the 8459 used but in mint condition (at a reasonable price compared to what the going rate is these days). It was quite enjoyable to assemble, but I would have to agree with you I (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8459/8464 Price

(...) In the U.S. I believe 8459 was a Shop-at-home only set. I think it was available through normal retail channels in Europe (I recall seeing one in a department store in London). This was typical for the larger Technic sets at that time, (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Just an old one: Scania R143E

I haven't showed this model on the net yet because it's one of my 'oldies' (built in '97): (URL) a Scania R143E ('95) with a 500 hp V8 engine pulling a 12-axle Nooteboom drawbar/low loader (6 axle lines). This was the first model I built with so (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) Hi Adrian, Thanx!!:-) At the moment I'm working on the instructions of my Sportscar out of the 8458 Silver champion (also on brickshelf). If there are enough interested people I could probably make instructions of the GTcar too. (I want to (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

"Nathanael Kuipers" <kuipers_n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HE9zB3.CoK@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I have to say "Now THAT is something I most definitely like to see from LEGO!" (I hope some head honcho at the co. is reading this) You have (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  uCOG II

I worked up a second micromotor base center of gravity (COG) shifter, uCOG II. Its hard to compete with Paul, so I thought I'd better keep at it. This one is not *notably* smaller, but it is more compact as the micromotor fits inside the torso. The (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego orrery (mechanical solar system)

(...) Oh, wow. That's brilliant. Now how about a .DAT file ;-) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Switch on Battery box

(...) Yes, it is. The switch mechanism works by pressing the button down and slightly forward, in order to lock it in "on" position. To disconnect, you have to press the button slightly backwards, and then the spring should lift the button alone. It (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Switch on Battery box

Hi! I just bought a 8x4 9V battery box from Lego_bonkers on bricklink. It is first time I use such one, but I see that the switch is hard to use, I have to press hard to get it down, an it is the same to get it up, I have to press really hard and in (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

(...) I really like your essential building style - just the bricks you need, something more for eye-candy, but everything kept as small as possible - just the way I'm pursueing. :-) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

The color sucks and yes, going to BrickLink to get those (...) HI, I do agree. I have to admit that I don't like the green panels either so that's the reason why I didn't use them in my MOC out of the 8458 and 8466. For me the most important parts (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) Hi Dave, I really liked what you did with those big cars. RC is the only thing I missed in these cars and to be honest in my own big Lego model cars too. I would love to have my GTcar ((URL) motorised and RC controlled, but I don't know if it (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  8459/8464 Price

I have a question for those that were around back in '97 when the 8459 was originally released. This was still during my dark age so I am not familiar with the availability of this set. Was this set only produced on a limited availability? It seems (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

(...) yes, it always makes me laugh seeing such a nervous forklift :-)) however this happens particularly when using small cilinders. ciao steP (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

"SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> wrote in message news:HE9EwE.9A1@lugnet.com... (...) not like quick shot something :) pixel (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new forklift, old steering

"SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> wrote in message news:HE9CIw.251H@lugnet.com... (...) when i went uot of my dark ages i thought i'll never learn to buid models with liftarms but now even if i start to think and build with bricks i often end with liftarms (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact