 Technic / *12311 (-20)
  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) Here's another photo: (URL) forward to it Jennifer, but take your time! The modelshow looks like a great place to be, perhaps I can afford to visit some year... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

(...) Hehe thanks Dennis, I hope you can get it to work! I'm currently working on another project (yes, another crane!) which uses a similar technique, but I've ditched the idea of using a technic axle, as it's not long enough and bends too much. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Introductions

Those of you who frequent this corner of LUGNET might have heard of me before, but I'm Purple Dave, I run MaskofDestiny.com, and I'm a bit of a Bioniholic. Why did I wait so long to start participating here? Well, the truth is I didn't, once I (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Motors

(...) Yes. (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Motors

Can I use the 9V train speed regulator to operate a new style Technic motor without damaging either part or electrocuting myself? (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) Look at this picture: (URL) looks a little similar to the other two. I just bought one and would buy 3 more just for the wheels for a project I am currently working on. (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Firts Technic creation after my dark age

(...) Cool! Great model. I wasn't really into the Expert Builder stuff when it was around. But this is really great. It even inspired me to make my own Expert Builder style car, with newer style pistons and with rearranged drivetrain setup, but (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

(...) I really like his idea of elevating the boom: very simple with a rope! On my small Liebherr excavator I have the same kind of technique, but you can see the rope clearly. Maybe Ross' idea is strong enough for my Liebherr. I will try it! Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

And these are my pictures: (URL) two because the rest were not good enough to print .... Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

Here's the story about my adventures in crane building: (2 URLs) - 'Previous projects' - 'Mobile crane'. The extending boom was no problem. Lifting it was. It took me a few weeks just to work out how to lift it from horizontal to as steep as I could (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle Blaster video and review.

(...) It is the same mask that was given out at Toys R Us and other various events. It is known as the Copper Mask of Victory, it is a Kanohi Huna mask. I uploaded a pic of it: (URL) am kinda dissapointed it is not a Legoland exclusive item, I was (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

After moderation my pictures of Geldermalsen will be here: (URL) Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDwq7A.1MJw@lugnet.com... (...) Modelshow (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

It is. It's a close up of a fully functional (obviously, it's a Jennifer Clark model) digger that was there to be played with. And boy did people want to play with it. I think both the digger and the crane went through 3 sets of batteries each. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle Blaster video and review.

(...) Hey there Mark, I was curious, what's the scoop on the promotional Bionicle Copper mask that LLCA is giving away? I've got 4 on the way, but I don't know the style. Do you know anything about it from the park? Also, get the promo brick during (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) I head a sneak preview before a few days before the show :-p I think she will make an extensive story flanked with lots of pictures etc. on her website! Dennis (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) You really should it once when you are in Holland in April! (...) Ron's crane is progressing very slowly. He's hoping to finish it in September this year. Since he's moved he has lack of time for modelling. But he finished some other projects (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) Agreed. It definitely looks like Jen's handiwork :-) Looking forward to seeing more... TJ (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

Gerard, Have a look a this: (URL) Clark always has some excellent ideas (seen her terrific DEMAG AC50-1 as well?) (URL) a telescopic boom from ordinairy bricks is possible as well, but the strength is not so good. But Ron Jansen made a fantastic (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) I have an article about it in the Popular Science magazine that is sitting here in front of me (April 2003.) They're web site is (URL) might find more info there. Yes it does have 4 wheels, but you lean and steer it like a bike. so.... -Kyle (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) Have a look here: (URL) an article from Popular Science about the "bike" -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact