 Technic / *11391 (-20)
  Re: what else could be done

(...) Also a good idea, like a soliniod valve. (...) You can use them to make 6 sided shapes. A lot of the hubs and pulleys have 6 holes so it makes sense to be consistent with this. Also, you can make a 6 sided shape rigid by making equal lateral (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) My bricks are currently packed away in cardboard boxes for transport to a new apartment this weekend so I can't try them myself. Do they work? How well? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: what else could be done

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message news:HAFwn2.G9t@lugnet.com... (...) I would like to see a electric controlled pneumatic valve. By using a magnet of some kind this can be done. There is some non-LEGO built already but they are too (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Fiber Optics

I wonder if anyone could help explain to me how the Lego fiber optics work? And what you need to make them work. I do remember them from maybe 1995, but I bought a supercar and some other stuff, and just forgot about them until they were (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8448/8466 Gear Ratios

(...) No other ratios will work without reversing geartrain. Hoping to add working 6th forward gear tommorrow. Will make a 0.396:1 or 0.36:1 ratio. Hoping it is not too low to move 8448 easily. Otherwise I will add a 4 speed transfer case (like most (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8448/8466 Gear Ratios

(...) Different ratios with different gear combos to follow. Hope it helps someone. Later, M (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

Intresting, thanks. I already have an idea for the next one, about same size as the other one. We'll se when it's finished. /Pehter (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8448/8466 Gear Ratios

I have calculated the gear ratios for the 8448 and 8466 gearboxes and this is what I found: Reverse -2.5:1 First 1.66:1 Second 1.5:1 Third 1:1 Fourth 0.9:1 Fifth 0.6:1 I hope that someone could use this. If anyone has calculated these before and one (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003

Has anyone else noticed how Lego is now cleverly guiding innocent create'n'builders surely and slowly into being hardcore technic builders? I think this is a great move for Technic, as it will guarantee more technic fans over the years. Its now (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.technic)

  Re: what else could be done

Hello, I would like to see: Packets or tubes that contain the correct lubricant for the pneumatic cylinders, pumps, and valves. A female towball pin to fit on an axle. A spool/slider valve for pneumatics. A gear perhaps in various sizes with a round (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Scissor Rail

Hello, I have uploaded pictures of the oldest moc in my collection. It is another attempt at continuous marble motion. (URL) employs a pneumatic scissor jack that lifts a marble up to the top of a track, then the marble falls back down to the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle Meets Cat

Bionicle meets the girlfriend's cat. (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) in interesting ways 8?) (URL) if link wraps) ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Train crane MOC

(...) Have you thought about using the technique I used in my all terrain crane for elevating the boom? It provides much finer control than pneumatics, and is easily motorised! It probably also slightly less real-estate. See it at (URL) added (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2003 Fire Truck: Complete redesign

(...) Egad! I never thought I hear myself saying this but.... I think I liked the green version better. It's beginning to look like some sort of quasi-monster truck. "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Come to the stadium and see 'Torch' the monster fire truck (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Cool!!!!! It's RED!!

I definitely will pick this one up before the 8455 backhoe. Awesome (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

I've got an updated and now compleded .ldr file of the car. (except that the .ldr model doesn't have any wheels yet...ahh well, just imagine the 8880 wheels on it :) ) It's got a revised gearbox layout that uses one gear less than before, but has (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  2003 Fire Truck: Complete redesign

Look at (URL) compare it to the copy of 8454 you saved when you viewed the pictures on the Marz site. Two things stayed the same: 8 wheels, and it's still a fire truck. Gone is the strange green color, the cabin is different, panelling, steering... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

Since the Silver Truck always looked like a racing truck to me I'd find it strange to see a tandem axle and a trailer. It would be like towing a caravan behind an Impreza WRC.... Anyway, if it's going to be more about functions than realictic looks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Update: More Speeds in 8448/8466 Gearbox?

When looking at my 8466 model more closely, I came across the 4 speed 8880 gearbox that I put in front of the 8466 5 speed+R gearbox as a transfer case, making 20 speeds. I considered placing this setup in my 8448 rally car. But I thought that it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact