 Dear LEGO / 4210
Re: what else could be done
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:59:48 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Øyvind Steinnes writes:

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message
Hello,
I would like to see:
A spool/slider valve for pneumatics.

I would like to see a electric controlled pneumatic valve.
By using a magnet of some kind this can be done. There is some non-LEGO
built already but they are too large and are ment for largere flow of air.

Also a good idea,  like a soliniod valve.

Angle connectors set at 60 and 30 degrees
Would not this be a bit difficult to join with the other bricks?
All angeled bricks have a special angel so it should add up to the size of
the brick and holes in a techinc brick and so on.

You can use them to make 6 sided shapes.  A lot of the hubs and pulleys have 6
holes so it makes sense to be consistent with this.  Also, you can make a 6
sided shape rigid by making equal lateral triangles in it.  You will find
technic beam holes line up perfectly.  Useful for rounder objects such
as in my case engines.  30 and 60 degrees are found in one of the most basic of
engineering tools.  They equal 90.  Besides I needed one.  :-)

Tires for the large pulley.
Has not this been made already? Think I've seen one years ago...

I didn't know.  I've been using O rings from the kitchen sink.

Reintroduction of single acting (old style) pneumatic cylinders.
I'm glad I have a few of each :)
What I'm missing is a big pneumatic tank

Well said!!!

I've also like the micromotor to be reintroduced or made easyer to get.

I've thought about something like a flexible leaf spring, too.

Paul K

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes