 Technic / *11256 (-20)
  Re: new 2003 sets: 8455

By the way, did anyone notice that those two versions of 8455 ar not the same? (URL) I guess you saw the second one. Avi Parvin (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new 2003 sets: 8455

(...) order (...) a (...) I know. Actually you said it was more difficult. I doubt it is impossible. When I get 8455 I'll have to see what I can do. I've not had a chance to work on back to back small pistons, but I will when I get to the project (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) That's the problem with this part, it only came in <set:8855>, although it was availible as a service pack once. A friend of mine had this set when he was a youngster, perhaps he's willing to sell it to me, I've been meaning to ask him but (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new 2003 sets: 8455

(...) (URL) point was all of these solutions is impossible with the new cylinder since it lacks the 2 x 2 "brick" in the bottom. /Tobbe (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

it's cool but i think there should be used few of them and probably we couldn't buid tunnel small and smooth enough but if enyone has this part plz check it pixel "Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9vt9E.Gzv@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Props for Hovercraft

I havn't followed as closely as I would have liked, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned. But this part is the "Ticket" !!! (URL) we get some dialog going on this Prop? e (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:H9us2z.K4r@lugnet.com... <cut> (...) I've (...) got (...) good idea oyvind i'll show you my new fixed propellor soon so probably it could be incorporated with your idea i've got some (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  2003 sets that looks like good part sources for us gearheads!

Hi! Just browsing the Brickset site and found some interesting sets: z40 gears in grey, two of them: (URL) what looks like 1 x 2 Technic Brick with cross axle hole in yellow (attches the feet). As seen before, another motor: (URL) motor: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

Some hoover crafts use a tunnel/prop design facing backwards and direct about 1/3-rd of the air downwards to create lift, the rest is used to push the craft forward (with rudders to steer). Perhaps this can be made with LEGO? The main benefit is (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) I don't agree that the last layout would be impossible in LEGO, it's just hard to achieve. I won't prove you wrong though but the photo clearly show the controls for the swash plate goes on the outside and that must be possible with LEGO as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My 8002 Destroyer Droid didn't come with errata sheet!

(...) I've read that the extra sheet came in later in the production so it's probably one of the first in the series that you got. Call LEGO and ask them to send it to you. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

(...) Yes. It directs the air flow that would normaly be thrown outward from the spinning prop. and forces it down. This makes more lift. (...) Only helps the prop push air in the right direction. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) I am working on a couter rotating design using axels and a non lego covering as rotor blades. I don't think it's cheating if the "works" are solidly lego based. Paul (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My 8002 Destroyer Droid didn't come with errata sheet!

Stephane, I bought a couple when they first came out, neither came with the additional pages (corrections?) However, a couple that I picked up recently did. I had no problems building from either set of instructions and they worked the same as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  My 8002 Destroyer Droid didn't come with errata sheet!

Hello all, I read countless times on Lugnet that the 8002 set Destroyer Droid is supposed to come with a sheet that corrects errors made in the manual. I got mine MISB, but have no such sheet. I didn't have time to try to build the droid yet. Is it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

Hello I've seen the marvelous creation of hovercrafts by Paul Kleniewski ( (URL) ) and that gave me some ideas. Here can you see a simpel construction of an propell that I made. I've not taken any photos yet, but here is one image made in Ldraw: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) There is a military helicopter with this shaft arrangement in the Russian armed forces. IIRC, the Kirov carrier had some of these choppers at some point in time. Pedro (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) There's a small angle between the two rotor shafts, that's the solution. A clever one, indeed. Fredrik (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: flying helicopter? (was: orrery update)

(...) Ohh, thanks! Now I see it. I didn't notice the rotors themselves were tilted, I just thought that was the style of the covering around the shaft. I think now I've caught the bug -- I wanna build a Technic helicopter too! But alas, I don't have (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new 2003 sets: 8455

(...) I had a few minutes free time while attending the show, so I took the chance ... Just the time to realize that is a very nice model but that without airtank, even with the two pump, you pump , make a movement, had to pump again before making a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact